Контрольная работа по английскому языку Z297
Данная работа не готова, но Вы можете заказать ее у нас за символическую цену, связавшись с нами любым удобным для Вас способом:
Мы ответим Вам в самое ближайшее время. Всегда рады помочь!
- Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на особенности перевода бессоюзного подчинения в определительных и дополнительных придаточных предложениях:
- I know they are at home.
- Give me the book I gave you yesterday.
- I thought they were joking.
- He posted the letter he had written.
- II. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения глаголов to be, to have, to do (см. приложение по грамматике):
- They have been working since morning.
- You are to leave now.
- Did they live in Moscow?
III. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива:
- To fulfil the condition was out of my power.
- She put on a warm sweater not to catch a cold.
- He began to ask me questions.
- It is necessary to finish the work today.
- IV. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that (см. приложение по грамматике):
- The trouble is that they haven't calculated the exact speed of the car.
- He thought that all those things were not important.
- It is believed that the winter will be warm.
- It was he who did it.
- V. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на слова, образованные по способу конверсии:
- Our opinions differ on some points.
- The water was heated to the boiling point.
- Everything points to a cold winter.
- I have no doubt about it.
- He doubted the results of the experiment.
- He doubts your honesty.
- Определите к какой части речи относятся следующие слова. Переведите их на русский язык:
Dark - darkness; nation - national - international - nationality;
develop - development.
- Напишите по-английски следующие числительные:
- 1,247,089 dollars
- 3/4 of a ton
- 5 a pound
- Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимания на перевод неопределенных и отрицательных местоимений:
- Some fifty students were present at this lecture.
- You can get any book you like in our library.
- No one could answer that question.
- Прочитайте и переведите письменно текст.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Albert Einstein was born at Ulm, in Württemberg, Germany, on March 14, 1879. Six weeks later the family moved to Munich, where he later on began his schooling at the Luitpold Gymnasium. Later, they moved to Italy and Albert continued his education at Aarau, Switzerland and in 1896 he entered the Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich to be trained as a teacher in physics and mathematics. In 1901, the year he gained his diploma, he acquired Swiss citizenship and, as he was unable to find a teaching post, he accepted a position as technical assistant in the Swiss Patent Office. In 1905 he obtained his doctor's degree.
In 1909 he became Professor Extraordinary at Zurich, in 1911 Professor of Theoretical Physics at Prague, returning to Zurich in the following year to fill a similar post. In 1914 he was appointed Director of the Kaiser Wilhelm Physical Institute and Professor in the University of Berlin. He remained in Berlin until 1933 when he renounced his citizenship for political reasons and emigrated to America to take the position of Professor of Theoretical Physics at Princeton. He became a United States citizen in 1940 and retired from his post in 1945.
At the start of his scientific work, Einstein realized the inadequacies of Newtonian mechanics and his special theory of relativity stemmed from an attempt to reconcile the laws of mechanics with the laws of the electromagnetic field. He investigated the thermal properties of light with a low radiation density and his observations laid the foundation of the photon theory of light.
In his early days in Berlin, Einstein postulated that the correct interpretation of the special theory of relativity must also furnish a theory of gravitation and in 1916 he published his paper on the general theory of relativity. During this time he also contributed to the problems of the theory of radiation and statistical mechanics.
In the 1920's, Einstein embarked on the construction of unified field theories, although he continued to work on the probabilistic interpretation of quantum theory, and he persevered with this work in America. He contributed to statistical mechanics by his development of the quantum theory of a monatomic gas and he has also accomplished valuable work in connection with atomic transition probabilities and relativistic cosmology.
Albert Einstein received honorary doctorate degrees in science, medicine and philosophy from many European and American universities. During the 1920's he lectured in Europe, America and the Far East and he was awarded Fellowships or Memberships of all the leading scientific academies throughout the world. He gained numerous awards in recognition of his work, including the Copley Medal of the Royal Society of London in 1925, and the Franklin Medal of the Franklin Institute in 1935.
Einstein's gifts inevitably resulted in his dwelling much in intellectual solitude and, for relaxation, music played an important part in his life. He married Mileva Maric in 1903 and they had a daughter and two sons; their marriage was dissolved in 1919 and in the same year he married his cousin, Elsa Löwenthal, who died in 1936. He died on April 18, 1955 at Princeton, New Jersey.
- Выпишите из текста все числительные и даты и напишите их словами по-английски.
- Прочтите 4-й абзац текста и из приведенных вариантов ответа укажите тот, который содержит верную информацию:
Einstein postulated that the correct interpretation of the special theory of relativity must also furnish…
- a theory of gravitation.
- the theory of radiation.
- quantum theory.